Welcome to KARZEN!
What? – Collection of Your Information
What you send us
Here is personal information on you that we can collect:
- Your email address when you subscribe to our blog;
- Your last name, first name, email address and mailing address when you create an account;
- Your payment information when you opt for a paid subscription;
- Your language of correspondence, subscription plan, billing information, history and promotional code associated with your account, where applicable;
- Your files, content, configuration parameters and other information (your “Data”), including your photos, files, preferences and structural data as well as ancillary information;
- Your visitor profile on our website and blog;
- Your interactions with us, whether by email, on our blog or on our social media platforms.
What is sent to us through our Services
We also collect the following information when you use our Services:
- We collect information on the devices that you use to access our Services. This information includes such elements as your IP address, web browser and the device that you use, the webpage that linked you to our sites and the identifiers associated with your devices. If you have activated the location service parameters on your devices, these can also send us information respecting your geographical location.
- We use “cookies” to collect information and to operate and improve our Services and Advertising. A cookie is a small data file that we store on your electronic device. We may use “persistent cookies” to record your email and password for when you log on to our Services in the future. We may use “session identifier cookies” to activate certain features of the Services, to better understand and improve your interaction with the Services and to monitor the overall use made of and traffic generated by the Services (length of visits, number of users, etc.).
- We can also combine information that we collect through our Services with information that we collect from other sources. For example, if you log in to your KARZEN account through a social network (for example, “Sign up with Facebook”) or if you are using API interfaces through an application or website, you give us access to certain information respecting your connections.
Why? – How we Use Your Information
- To authenticate you when you log on to your account or the blog;
- To provide you with the requested subscription – free, starter, regular or premium – and to proceed with payment;
- To access, store and analyze your Data so that you may enjoy our Services;
- To activate certain features, like workflow, work orders, messaging and inventory.
- To develop, improve and optimize the contents, screen layouts and features of our Services;
- All data is used in the algorithm and engine to improve the performance of the system
- The user retains ownership, copyright, and publishing rights.
- To follow up on any question and request for assistance or information;
- To understand your needs and preferences, and to assess your level of satisfaction with our Services;
- To send you bulletins on our products, services, news and events and to follow up on our offers, promotions or contests (for example, to send you your referral credits when you have referred someone to our Services), to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To Whom? – Disclosure of Your Information
Rest assured: we do not sell or market your personal information to third parties. Your Data belongs to you. Your personal information is not disclosed to third parties, except in the following cases:
- In the context of a business transaction relating to any reorganization, merger, sale of assets, funding or acquisition of all or part of our activities by another corporation, including in the context of a due diligence or closing process.
- In all cases where such disclosure is permitted or required by applicable law (for example, court order, situation that threatens the life, health or safety of an individual).
We offer you a number of options. Here are a few:
- You can access your account from our website, our blog and, if you wish, through other service providers (for example, “Sign up with Facebook”) and view the personal information contained therein;
- You can edit your contact information and language of communication at all times. This is the best way to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date;
- You can change your password at all times;
- You can subscribe and unsubscribe to our promotional offers;
- You can log out of your account securely by clicking on the “Log Out” button in the upper right-hand corner of your screen;
- You can delete your account at all times.
Other Websites and Social Media
Our website and blog contain links to other websites which are owned and operated by third parties, whether these be partners, suppliers or social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or others. We have no control over the operation of these sites or the use that you make thereof, and we are not responsible for any of their procedures and practices.
Some features, such as data sharing, offer you the possibility of granting third parties access to your information, for example through API interfaces. Remember, however, that the use these third parties make of your information will be governed by the privacy policies of those third parties.
Also bear in mind that anyone may read, collect and use information that you publish in a public forum such as our blog or on social media.
We may from time to time invite you to share a promotional offer or to refer the use of our Services to members of your family or close friends. In such cases, it is your responsibility to ensure that these individuals are indeed members of your family (spouse, common-law partner, parent or child) or are people with whom you have a personal relationship (frequent communications, shared affinities, opinions, etc.). In short, we would appreciate it if you only invited people who are part of your close circle and who are likely to be interested in our Services.
Retention and Conservation of Your Information
Your personal information is stored on servers hosted in the United States.* Your personal information is subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored and used, and the privacy legislation of these countries may differ from those applicable in your country of residence. Under the laws of the United States, the courts, organizations responsible for applying the legislation, regulatory agencies or safety authorities may under some circumstances be authorized to access your personal information. By giving us your personal information, you agree to allow it to be transferred to the United States, which has a different regime for protecting personal information than that of your country of residence.
*Information can also be stored locally on the devices that you use to access our Services. You Data is stored for as long as we need it to provide the Services to you. If you delete your account, we will also delete this information. However, please note that: (1) there may be a delay before this information is deleted from our servers and our backup servers; and (2) our legal obligations might require us to retain this information. With the exception of paid accounts, we reserve the right to delete your account if you fail to access our Services for twelve (12) consecutive months. Before deleting your account, we will send you a notice at the email address associated with your account.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information on a child under 13 years of age without first having received the authorization of a parent or guardian, we will take the necessary measures to delete that information within a reasonable timeframe.
We believe that the Data you have given us must receive the same protection as though it were stored on your home computer’s hard drive.
This is why our team regularly tests the vulnerability of our Services and continues to work on developing features to protect your Content and Data.
Right to Access and Correct
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we have collected, used or disclosed and request that it be corrected, as authorized or required by applicable law.
3535 Queen Mary Road, Suite 200.5
Canada H3V 1H8